Last night's informal seminar at The Open Centre was a successful first 'Introduction to Shamanism'.
Many questions were asked during and after the discussion and included:
- Can I learn to journey on my own, using a drumming CD?
- What is the difference between journeying and soul retrieval?
- How is journeying different to meditation?
- What is the difference between a Power Animal and a Spirit Helper?
- Was shamanism, historically, the spiritual path of pre-literate cultures?
- Could journeying be psychologically dangerous?
- Where is it possible to learn the basics of shamanism?
- What is Shamanic Counselling?
- "What does it mean?"!
These and many other questions were answered in the group and it became clear that there was a considerable interest in learning the techniques of shamanic journeying and we discussed the various ways of learning i.e. on courses, in groups, or one-to-one.
The next informal seminar will be held on Monday 30th March and will be on: SOUL RETRIEVAL with a practical demonstration of this ancient shamanic technique.
If you are interested in attending this meeting, please reserve a place by emailing Shaman UK (see contact details in the sidebar). We would be happy to welcome you.